Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just Keep Going



      If there is one thing I've learned in my 54 years as a human, it is this:  just keep going.  That is how I have survived everything I've ever been through.  I put my head down and just keep going.  When you get down, you gotta pick yourself up by your own bootstraps and put one foot in front of the other, even if you're only taking baby steps.  Just keep going.  

      If you're going through hell, definitely keep going.  You don't want to get stuck there!  Going through a break-up?  Go faster.  Going through a divorce?  Go carefully but deliberately; there's a reason it is over.  Don't second-guess yourself.  If you're just going through the motions, that's ok, as long as you keep going.  When you get tired, rest a little.  But don't you ever quit!

     The only time to stop is to smell the roses, taste the wine, kiss a baby, make some biscuits and gravy, savor a friendship. 

1 comment:

You Can't Go Home Again

I'm calling bullshit on that.  Yes, you can go home again.  This is one of my very most favorite places on Earth from my childhood. ...