Friday, April 14, 2017

This Little Light of Mine

Photo credit:  bitowhimsy.com


     Do you remember this song by The Fifth Dimension?  It is from the musical Hair; the actual title of the song is "Aquarius", but it became to be known as "Let the Sunshine In."   The musical debuted in 1967, I was only 5, but I loved this song from the first moment I heard it.  I loved it even more once I was old enough to understand more of the words and the actual concept of the lyrics.  Just hearing these folks sing "let the sunshine in" jazzed me mightily.  You see, I have lived a great deal of my life in deep darkness caused by other people's discord.  Someone was always dimming my little light.  I have always prayed for peace, initially because of the chaos surrounding me. 

     My little light has been nearly extinguished more times than I can count.  Thanks to my Heavenly Travelers, my loved ones on The Otherside, many inspirational things have come my way just when I needed them most.  For that I am ever grateful.  If you don't think this has happened for you, look deeper.  Not a single one of us here could do this "human" thing without Divine Guidance.

     So, I will share with you one of the very best quotes that ever came my way.  I love this so much, I printed it out and framed it.  It is a quote from Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shrugged.  Here is what she says:
                  "Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless
                    swamps of the approximate, the no-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all.
                    Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life
                    you deserved, but have never been able to reach.  Check your road and
                    the nature of your battle.  The world you desired can be won.  It exists,
                    it is real, it is possible, it is yours."

      If you are struggling, lost in the darkness of whatever you're dealing with, just know the light is waiting for you.  You only have to let it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Can't Go Home Again

I'm calling bullshit on that.  Yes, you can go home again.  This is one of my very most favorite places on Earth from my childhood. ...