Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Love is Always the Answer


     For as long as I can remember, I have been a victim of abuse by others.  It began with my mother and continued through two bad marriages, numerous horrible relationships, a host of frienemies, and toxic jobs.  It was at that most recent toxic job that it finally hit me:  the pattern was continuing, 51 years after it all began.  This is when I truly discovered that you really must know yourself and love yourself or you are doomed.

     I have spent years trying to figure out why people behaved they way they did to me.  I could not wrap my head around the fact that I, who had been so abused for so long, still know what love is.  How could they not?  Guess what:  they don't matter and their behavior is a choice.  I will not forget what has happened to me, but I do forgive them all.  After all, I am left with the gift of what I made out of the pain.  Strength, beauty, and the sure certain knowledge that love is real and true and is always the answer.  Becoming a mother validated that for me.  

     My belief in love is what has always saved me, helped me recover from each horrible period in my life.  Hope is a great stepping-stone, too.  Hope becomes faith.  Faith moves mountains.  I love mountains.  ;)  

     Have a groovy day!

1 comment:

You Can't Go Home Again

I'm calling bullshit on that.  Yes, you can go home again.  This is one of my very most favorite places on Earth from my childhood. ...