Thursday, April 13, 2017

Make Your Own Kind of Music

Artist Unknown


     Sing your own special song.  I can still hear Mama Cass Elliot's voice singing this from what seems like a hundred lifetimes-ago.  It's funny, the things that get stuck in your brain.  Pay attention to those that reawaken from time to time and go pinging around in your head.  Those are messages, some planted before you were "aware" here, like seeds of knowledge that will only bloom when the garden of your heart is ready for them to grow.

     There is another song, by Heart, called "Sing Child", that resonates with me as the same message.  Part of the lyrics are "sooner or later, you're gonna break down and sing."  In a very enchanting series of novels called The Tufa Novels, the Tufa each have their own individual song.  It's part of what makes them who they are.  If they forget their song, they can't ride the night wind.  

     I have lost my identity so many times in my life trying to sing someone else's song.  It's ok to learn someone else's melody, especially so you can sing it to them when they forget it.  But you have to know your own tune by heart first.  So practice your personal symphony!

1 comment:

You Can't Go Home Again

I'm calling bullshit on that.  Yes, you can go home again.  This is one of my very most favorite places on Earth from my childhood. ...